Saturday, February 02, 2008

Raw Apple Muffins

I bought some apples from the Ann Arbor Farmer's Market, so I made this recipe. It's based on a recipe from book called "The Breakfast Book" by Marion Cunningham, and was featured on the Farmer's Marketer. From a WW perspective, this recipe makes a muffin that is 5 pts. Next time I make it, I will reduce the vegetable oil to 1/4 c. and the raisins to 1/2 c. to make it 4 pts. per muffin. All in all, it was a delightful recipe!

Ingredients:
4 cups diced unpeeled apple (very small dice)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Grease 12 large muffin tins. Mix apples and sugar in a bowl, set aside. Whisk the eggs, oil, & vanilla and add to the apples & sugar; mix well. In the another bowl put the flour, soda, cinnamon & salt and stir together. Add to apple mixture to make a very stiff batter. Next mix in the raisins. Spoon into the muffin tins. Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from tins and serve warm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never made apple muffins - it sounds great.

Happy Lunar New Year to you!

ShellyH said...

Thanks for the recipe! I do alot of apple baking usually late summer and fall when I buy them by the bushel from the orchard. I am going to print this recipe out. Thanks for posting it.

Cynthia said...

They are really good. I froze the extras and have them for breakfast when I want something a little different.